The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies. Gertrude Jekyll

Annie's Little Plot

Annie's Little Plot

Thursday 17 March 2011

My Garden

So this is my first post and thought would be best to start with a bit of an overview of the garden first. I moved to Huddersfield in September 2006 after having a small cottage garden in Cheshire. So was very excited about getting more space. As you can see it was a very flat blank space.




Obviously had a few years to improve from those pictures and below are the photos of my garden this year. In the back I had a new fence built, I created a vegetable plot and reduced the size of the lawn by making it circular, then planted round that.


My cat, Bob, enjoys the garden too!

In the front garden I had a circular patio built, and planted that area with some shrubs, perennials and in the spring there are the alliums which create a great effect.

The garden does get a bit exuberent in the late summer.

You may not be able to tell from the photos of my back garden, but the garden backs onto some allotments.

Unfortunately the plots are all taken, but this year I have got a plot on another allotment nearby and this means that I can stop growing fruit and veg in my garden and just have it all at the allotment. So there will be changes to the garden this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment