The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies. Gertrude Jekyll

Annie's Little Plot

Annie's Little Plot

Thursday 7 July 2011

My birthday garden party!

I've had a milestone birthday this year, according to the old adage my life has just begun!
Had a lovely few days off and on Sunday 3rd July I had a garden party, inviting my friends. Sunday dawned with clear blue skies and promised a beautiful day no need for a gazebo today to protect from the rain. I've been busy preparing the garden, mainly planting all the remaining crop plants at the allotment to give me more room. I had to move some pots around to make room for all the chairs. I was really pleased at how the garden looked and I took some photos before anyone arrived!















My friend Amy had made me some fabulous bunting!














Amy and Tracy also made me an amazing cake, inspired by Annie's Little Plot!


I had a brilliant day, bit chaotic at times and only just enough food but lovely to see everyone on such a glorious summer's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment